Nothing beats the hard copy!
The moment this book arrives, you will know you made the right decision because you have full color for the price of black and white at the copy center.
Here's what you get:
- A full color printed copy of the book, filled with clear, concise instructions and color screen shots plus Table of Contents and Index.
- Your choice of Spiral Binding or loose pages, 3-Hole Punched, ready for insertion in your own 3-Ring Binder.
- A CD containing the full contents of the book in PDF format. The PDF is searchable, printable and includes the Table of Contents and Index. Great for hitting the road.
- The working database(s) for the exercises in the book.
- A free copy of the Electronic Download Edition so you can get started immediately. Automatically added to your order.
Want to know more? Click the "Inside" tab(s) above to see book descriptions, table of contents and sample pages.
Save on Combos & Bundles!
No posts found
Alpha Five Functions Handbook
Functions and Expressions Made Easy
Fully compatible with Alpha Anywhere and Alpha Five
What's inside . . .
Ch 1: The Basics
Once understood, most common functions are easy to use. Expressions can define calculations or combine fields with text, always following a consistent format throughout the program.
Ch 2: Character Functions
From changing the case of a letter to creating expressions for importing data, character type functions can manipulate both simple and complex data.
Ch 3: Date and Time Functions
Dates can be formatted in a variety of styles. One date subtracted from another, results in the number of days between the two. You can also calculate the time worked by an employee or show the duration of time of sporting event.
Ch 4: Numeric Functions
From simple arithmetic to advanced calculations, numeric functions give superior results.
Ch 5: Functions for Filtering and Ordering Records
Whether locating a single record within tens of thousands or printing a monthly sales report, filtering is at the heart of your application design.
Ch 6: Summary and Report Functions
Totals, averages, counts and other summaries will have your reports telling the whole story for you and your clients.
Ch 7: Lookup Function
The Lookup function requires more documentation than other functions because the syntax can be hard to understand. After doing the exercise and reading the principles behind its setup, just use the worksheet at the end of the chapter and you'll easily add lookups to your application!
Many thanks to Frances Peake for her assistance with this chapter.
Ch 8: Table Information
You can return the name of the table, the record number and other information about fields and tables.
Ch 9: Master Chart
When you know the name of the function, come here for quick reference to the syntax.
Size: 8 1/2 X 11
No of pages: 196
Cover: Heavy duty laminate.
Binding: Spiral Binding