Nothing beats the hard copy!
The moment this book arrives, you will know you made the right decision because you have full color for the price of black and white at the copy center.
Here's what you get:
- A full color printed copy of the book, filled with clear, concise instructions and color screen shots plus Table of Contents and Index.
- Your choice of Spiral Binding or loose pages, 3-Hole Punched, ready for insertion in your own 3-Ring Binder.
- A CD containing the full contents of the book in PDF format. The PDF is searchable, printable and includes the Table of Contents and Index. Great for hitting the road.
- The working database(s) for the exercises in the book.
- A free copy of the Electronic Download Edition so you can get started immediately. Automatically added to your order.
Want to know more? Click the "Inside" tab(s) above to see book descriptions, table of contents and sample pages.
No posts found
Alpha Five Xbasic Toolbox
Writing Code Made Easy
Fully compatible with Alpha Anywhere and Alpha Five V11
What's inside . . .
Ch 1: Learn the Basics!
Basic terminology, script syntax, running a script, understanding the Code Editor and Interactive Window.
Ch 2: Compose the code!
Learn all about variables and how to write expressions. Get the details on properties, methods, objects and sub-objects. Discusses object events and addresses, as well as manipulating them to accomplish your goals. Bubble help makes writing scripts quick and eash.
Ch 3: Get the bugs out!
The Alpha Five Debugger is a valuable tool that should be understood by all developers.
Ch 4: Refine the script!
Learn about variable scoping and where variables are defined, as well as pointer, dot and array variables. Create global (user defined) functions and dlalog boxes. Also discusses classes and enumeration.
Ch 5: Take Action! Save Energy!
Ch 6: Take it to the world!
Ch 7: Create AJAX Callbacks!
This section uses a set of videos as its inspiration. Learn what AJAX callbacks are and how they are written.
Ch 9: Get Help!
Alpha Five has thousands of pages that assist in script writing. Learn how to use the Documentation Viewer and Video Finder to find treasures tucked inside these valuable resources.
Ch 9: Like the tools!
Review of tools discussed in the book. More on the Debugger, Interactive and Libraries. How to create a Connection String and where to get more information on Xbasic.
Check out the Table of Contents and then take a look at some sample pages . . .
This book uses a database supplied with Alpha Five / Alpha Anywhere.
Size: 8 1/2 X 11
No of pages: 264
Cover: Heavy duty laminate.
Binding: Spiral Binding